The following Cookies Policy establishes the rules for storing and accessing information on the User's devices using Cookies on the websites of the Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization PAS.
- Administrator – the Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization PAS located in Warsaw, ul. Twarda 51/55, 00-818 Warsaw.
- Cookies – IT data, in particular small text files, saved and stored on devices on which the User browses the Website's pages.
- Administrator's Cookies - Cookies placed by the Administrator, related to the provision of electronic services by the Administrator via the Website.
- Website – the website or application through which the Administrator runs the website, operating in the domains igipz.pan.pl and iale2021.eu.
- Device – an electronic device through which the User gains access to the Website.
- User – an individual for which services may be provided electronically in accordance with the Regulations and legal provisions or with whom an Agreement for the provision of electronic services may be concluded.
II. Types of used Cookies
- Cookies used by the Administrator are safe for the User's Device. Specifically, they do not enable viruses or other unwanted software and malware to enter the Users' Devices. These files allow to identify the software used by the User and adapt the Website to each User individually. Cookies usually contain the name of the domain from which they originate, their storage time on the Device and their assigned value.
- The Administrator uses two types of cookies:
- Temporary Cookies: these are stored on the User's Device and remain there until the end of the browser session. Any information is then permanently deleted from the Device's memory. This mechanism does not allow for session cookies to download any personal data or any confidential information from the User's Device.
- Permanent Cookies: these are stored on the User's Device and remain there until they are deleted. Concluding the browser session or turning off the Device does not delete them from the User's Device. The permanent cookie mechanism does not allow the collection of any personal data or confidential information from the User's Device.
- The User has the option of limiting or disabling the cookies’ access to their Device. If this option is chosen, the User will still be able to use the Website, except for functions that innately require cookies.
III. The purposes of the Administrator's Cookies
- User authentication on the site and providing user sessions on the Website:
- maintaining the Website User's session (after logging in), thanks to which the User does not have to re-enter the login and password on each subpage of the Website;
- the correct configuration of selected Website functions, particularly enabling the verification of the authenticity of the browser session;
- optimising and increasing the efficiency of services provided by the Administrator.
IV. Options to determine the conditions of storage or access by Cookies
- The User may independently and at any time change the settings for Cookies, specifying the conditions for their storage and their access to the User's Device. These changes to the settings can be made by the User using the web browser settings or by using the service configuration. These settings can be altered in such a way as to block the automatic handling of Cookies in the web browser settings or to inform about each time they are placed on the User's device. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways of handling Cookies is available in the software (web browser) settings.
- The User may delete Cookies at any moment through the features available in the web browser they are using.